Do you use email marketing for your podcast? If not, today’s guest Kate Doster and I are here to explain why email marketing is still one of the top ways to build your audience, and why it’s just as important to encourage people to subscribe to you via email rather than only subscribing in Apple or their favorite podcast app.
By the end of this episode, you’ll learn…
- Why podcasters should care about getting people to subscribe to their email lists instead of only asking them to subscribe via their favorite listening app
- Why email marketing is so different from social media
- How can you get your podcast listeners to subscribe to your email list? (Which strategies work, and which don’t?)
- How can you sell via email? And why is it different than social media or even live on your podcast?
- How often should you email your list?
- …and what should you say (if you tbh have no idea what to write)
Email marketing tools to know
- Flodesk: The email marketing tool I recommend for most new podcasters just getting started.
- Use my partner link here to save 50% off, so it’s only $19/mo for life: Wit & Wire’s Flodesk Partner Link
- ActiveCampaign: The email marketing tool I use at Wit & Wire. Because I’m an automation nerd and AC can do anything.
- Siteground: For WordPress hosting
Today’s Guest: Kate Doster
Kate Doster is the host of the Inbox Besties Podcast, creator of the Love Your List 2.0 email marketing mega course and is dangerously obsessed with helping ethical entrepreneurs carve out their slice of the interwebs by wooing the hearts (and wallets) open of their small but mighty audiences thanks to fun email marketing and easy yes mini-offers.
She believes you don’t need to bleed the alphabet or be a dirty rotten spam face to write emails that jolt subscribers into taking action, gobbling up your paid offers like candy… or kale if that’s their thing.
DOWNLOAD IT: Don’t Worry About What To Send Your Email List Until 2023…
For a limited time, get 2 years worth of strategically planned weekly newsletter topics, your subscribers (and wallet) will love. (No new blog posts required).
To download it for free, go to katedoster.com/wit.
Podcast Spotlight: Inbox Besties
Inbox Besties is the only little guy approved podcast that helps coaches, bloggers, and course creators turn internet randos into subscribers with benefits – The kind that throws fistfuls of cash at you for your courses and services, not like other stuff. We cover list building, email marketing, funnels and passive income products.
Tune in today: Inbox Besties
I use a friendly AI bot called Podscribe to auto-transcribe and embed my episodes. Please forgive any small typos. Try Podscribe here for free.
Have you left a review for Wit & Wire?
You may have heard me say that podcast reviews are crucial for all podcasters. They help offer social proof that people are enjoying your show, plus they factor into Apple’s algorithms. So if you’re enjoying Wit & Wire, I’d love to ask for your review:
- Head to witandwire.com/apple, ideally on your phone.
- Scroll down and click the 5-star rating.
- For bonus points – and the chance for a shoutout on our podcast! – add a quick sentence about what you enjoy about the show. Feel free to include your podcast name.
A huge thank you in advance!