New podcaster Amora Brown asks for tips and best practices to interview remote guests for her podcast. She asks about preparing the interview, remote recording software, and my favorite editing tools.
- The importance of multitrack recording
- My favorite (free!) remote recording tool, and why it’s better than Zoom
- How to ask open-ended questions to get the most out of your guests
- Which tools I recommend for beginners trying to start editing their own podcasts
- Which filler words to cut out, and which to leave in
- And more!
Podcasting resources mentioned
Essential Podcast Editing: Learn simple strategies to edit your podcast in Hindenburg, including audio cleanup, filler word removal, and adding music.
Booked Out Podcast: Learn how to find, pitch, and book perfectly-suited guests for your podcast, even if you have no insider connections. Includes the exact templates I’ve used to pitch guests, plus a directory of guests in our community.
Or learn about all of our podcasting courses at witandwire.com/courses.
Remote recording tools:
- Zencastr: Free remote recording tool
- Riverside: Record high-quality audio and video, and stream to social platforms. (Visit witandwire.com/riverside to try your first hour free).
- Hindenburg Journalist: My favorite podcast editing tool
- Audacity: A free editing alternative
- Descript: A modern way to edit your podcast, by editing your written transcript (and the audio updates to match).
Connect with today’s guest Amora
This episode transcript & embeddable player are powered by Podscribe. Since I use this friendly AI tool to power our transcripts, please forgive any small typos throughout. Try Podscribe here for free.
Have you left a review for Wit & Wire?
You may have heard me say that podcast reviews are crucial for all podcasters. They help offer social proof that people are enjoying your show, plus they factor into Apple’s algorithms. So if you’re enjoying Wit & Wire, I’d love to ask for your review:
- Head to witandwire.com/apple, ideally on your phone.
- Scroll down and click the 5-star rating.
- For bonus points – and the chance for a shoutout on our podcast! – add a quick sentence about what you enjoy about the show. Feel free to include your podcast name.
A huge thank you in advance!