This post may contain affiliate links to some of my favorite podcasting tools and resources. Full disclosure here.
Brandy currently releases a weekly 40-minute episode, but she’s thinking about adding shorter mini episodes to hook more listeners. Is this an effective way to build your audience or your community? Or it just yet another thing that takes too much time?
[PS: This is the cutest stock image I’ve ever gotten to use and I LOVE IT. Thank you, Haute Stock.]
This episode is sponsored by Podcorn. Find your own podcast sponsors using their free, browsable marketplace at witandwire.com/podcorn.
By the end of this episode, you’ll learn…
- How mini episodes (sometimes called minisodes) can help you grab new listeners’ attention
- Why Brandy chooses to live stream her podcast episodes, and how it helps her cut down on some perfectionist tendencies
- Why it’s so important to create two-way communication between your podcast and your community, especially in our very digital age
Podcast Spotlight: For Animals. For Earth.
“Hi there, I’m Brandy, and I interview creators and activists in all corners of the world who make a difference for animals and the earth, in their daily lives. Each episode has simple, actionable takeaways that we can all do to make a difference. I look forward to joining forces with you, and making a difference together. Welcome to the show!”
Tune in today: For Animals. For Earth.
While you’re there, check out…
- 5 Ways to Donate to Local Animal Shelters, Without Spending a Penny [Brandy’s Mini Episode Roundup! ⭐]
- 5 Day Conscious Lifestyle Challenge (free!)
I use a friendly AI bot called Podscribe to auto-transcribe and embed my episodes. Please forgive any small typos. Try Podscribe here for free.
Have you left a review for Wit & Wire?
You may have heard me say that podcast reviews are crucial for all podcasters. They help offer social proof that people are enjoying your show, plus they factor into Apple’s algorithms. So if you’re enjoying Wit & Wire, I’d love to ask for your review:
- Head to witandwire.com/apple, ideally on your phone.
- Scroll down and click the 5-star rating.
- For bonus points – and the chance for a shoutout on our podcast! – add a quick sentence about what you enjoy about the show. Feel free to include your podcast name.
A huge thank you in advance!