Today I’m here with podcast host Sarah Martin. She’s tried all kinds of growth strategies to promote her podcast, but it’s been hard to figure out which are working.
So in this episode, Sarah and I talk about YouTube collaborations, interview swaps, promo swaps, and more. But more importantly, we talk about how to measure your growth efforts, and Sarah walks away with multiple new strategies to try for her podcast.
- YouTube, and if it makes sense for hosts to cross-post their shows
- How to conduct interview swaps as a win-win for both hosts
- Who would make a good partner for you, especially outside of your niche
- How to run a promo swap, and how it’s different from an interview swap
- How to measure your collaboration efforts to see which are working
Podcasting resources mentioned
Podcast Launch Checklist: Sarah kindly gave a shoutout to this checklist as the #1 tool she used to launch her podcast. (It’s free!)
Podcast Host Membership (beta mode): Join our community of active podcast hosts to help you find more listeners, hit 5- and 6-figure download milestones, and add revenue streams to your podcast.
Best Podcast Hosting Platforms: Your hosting platform is a critical tool for all podcast hosts. Sarah mentions Simplecast, which is one of my top options listed in this article. (To cut to the chase, my two 2021 picks are Buzzsprout and Captivate.)
Connect with Sarah Martin
This episode transcript & embeddable player are powered by Podscribe. Since I use this friendly and time-saving AI tool to power our transcripts, please forgive any small typos throughout. Try Podscribe here for free.
Have you left a review for Wit & Wire?
You may have heard me say that podcast reviews are crucial for all podcasters. They help offer social proof that people are enjoying your show, plus they factor into Apple’s algorithms. So if you’re enjoying Wit & Wire, I’d love to ask for your review:
- Head to witandwire.com/apple, ideally on your phone.
- Scroll down and click the 5-star rating.
- For bonus points – and the chance for a shoutout on our podcast! – add a quick sentence about what you enjoy about the show. Feel free to include your podcast name.
A huge thank you in advance!