Today I’m here with Marisol Ibarra, a Wit & Wire alumnae and the host of Here Comes the Sun.
Marisol is a first-gen graduate and professional, and her podcast covers career development, money management, and wellness for fellow first-gens.
We’ll cover tips to prepare, script, and streamline production for both solo episodes and episodes of any format, but I think the most important question Marisol asks is, “How can I still make sure my solo episodes sound like me?”
- How can you sit down to plan your solo episode?
- How can you practice reading from a script to make it sound less robotic?
- What strategies can you use instead of full scripting to sound more natural?
- What tools and strategies can you use to stay organized?
- Notion: A single source for your notes, tasks, and saved articles.
- Asana: The task management tool I personally use at Wit & Wire to stay sane and keep my podcast production organized. (Trello and ClickUp are other popular options.)
- Planoly: Pre-schedule your Instagram content
- Tailwind: An essential tool for Pinterest scheduling.
Connect with today’s guest Marisol:
Melissa Guller is the founder of Wit & Wire, where we help everyday experts become profitable course creators. She previously worked full-time for Ramit Sethi, Teachable, and General Assembly. Today, she shares simplified tech tutorials and modern marketing strategies through our blog, YouTube, and Wit & Wire Weekly newsletter