My most popular episode from February was, “Will Clubhouse kill podcasting?” [Ep 27]
Just a week later, Clubhouse did the exact thing that I said would make the biggest difference in my eyes for podcasters. They changed their terms and conditions to allow recording.
So in this episode, I invited Clubhouse pro and fellow podcast host Laura Bauder (Profit From Podcasting) to join me in a test recording room on Clubhouse. This episode contains excerpts from that conversation, where we talk about what you can and can’t do, and what we’re hoping to see from Clubhouse to make this a legitimate option for podcast hosts.
(Not sure what Clubhouse is? I recommend starting with the previous solo episode, “Will Clubhouse kill podcasting?”)
By the end of this episode, you’ll learn:
- What the new Clubhouse terms and conditions say about recording (as of March 2021)
- How the audio quality sounds, and how to record using your iPhone
- A few critical tips if you’re considering recording any of your Clubhouse rooms
- 3 tips Laura has used to build both her podcast and her Clubhouse audience
- Melissa on Instagram: @witandwire
- Laura Bauder’s Podcast: Profit From Podcasting
- Laura Bauder’s Instagram: @laurabauderco
This episode transcript & embeddable player are powered by Podscribe. Try Podscribe here for free.
Have you left a review for Wit & Wire?
You may have heard me say that podcast reviews are crucial for all podcasters. They help offer social proof that people are enjoying your show, plus they factor into Apple’s algorithms. So if you’re enjoying Wit & Wire, I’d love to ask for your review:
- Head to witandwire.com/apple, ideally on your phone.
- Scroll down and click the 5-star rating.
- For bonus points – and the chance for a shoutout on our podcast! – add a quick sentence about what you enjoy about the show. Feel free to include your podcast name.
A huge thank you in advance!