“How can I find more listeners for my podcast?”
It’s a big question, and in this episode, experienced podcast host Miriam Schulman (The Inspiration Place) shares five of the top growth strategies she’s used to build her niche podcast (in Visual Arts) to 2,000+ downloads per episode.
We cover everything from guest relationships through Facebook pixels, and my hope is that each of you can walk away with at least one new strategy to try for your show. Even if you haven’t launched yet.
This episode is sponsored by Podcorn. Find your own podcast sponsors using their free, browsable marketplace at witandwire.com/podcorn.
By the end of this episode, you’ll learn…
- Miriam’s ladder approach for attracting high-quality guests for her podcast, even before she launched. (This works for new and experienced hosts alike.)
- How Miriam got Amy Porterfield and Gretchen Rubin to join her podcast, even after hearing no the first time
- What podcast hosts are doing wrong that prevents guests from wanting to share their own episodes
- How you can measure if Facebook ads turn into podcast listeners. (Most people assume this is impossible, but Miriam’s strategy works!)
- How Miriam uses podcast episodes and Facebook ads to support her digital product launches
- How to create Smartlinks for your podcast episodes, and how they help build your audience
Today’s Guest: Miriam Schulman
Miriam Schulman is the founder and Chief Inspiration Officer of The Inspiration Place where she helps passionistas, passion-makers, and passion-professionals reconnect with their creativity and profit from their passion. After witnessing the 9/11 terrorist attacks, she abandoned a lucrative hedge fund job to work on her art full time. Rejecting the starving artist myth, her art has been seen on NBC, published in art magazines & home decor books, and collected worldwide.
- Website: schulmanart.com
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/schulmanart
- Facebook: facebook.com/schulmanart
- Instagram: instagram.com/schulmanart
- YouTube: youtube.com/user/schulmanart
- Twitter: twitter.com/schulmanart
DOWNLOAD IT: The Artist Profit Plan
Ready to profit from your passion, download brand new free ebook, The Artist Profit Plan. Discover the 5 things you don’t need to build a profitable art business – plus the 5 that you do.
To get your hands on it, go to schulmanart.com/PROFIT
Podcast Spotlight: The Inspiration Place
Want to learn how to sell and market your art? Whether you are looking for inspiration for your art or learn the perspiration of the work of art, you’ve come to the right place. It’s perfect to learn the practical strategies you need to learn to sell your art plus develop a confident mindset in order to succeed. Not only is profiting from your passion possible but it is also common.
We also dive into topics such as social media marketing – like Instagram and Facebook, selling art in galleries and online as well as shifting your mindset for success to banish your inner critic and overcome impostor syndrome. Professional artist Miriam Schulman of The Inspiration Place speaks to industry experts.
Tune in today: The Inspiration Place
I use a friendly AI bot called Podscribe to auto-transcribe and embed my episodes. Please forgive any small typos. Try Podscribe here for free.
Have you left a review for Wit & Wire?
You may have heard me say that podcast reviews are crucial for all podcasters. They help offer social proof that people are enjoying your show, plus they factor into Apple’s algorithms. So if you’re enjoying Wit & Wire, I’d love to ask for your review:
- Head to witandwire.com/apple, ideally on your phone.
- Scroll down and click the 5-star rating.
- For bonus points – and the chance for a shoutout on our podcast! – add a quick sentence about what you enjoy about the show. Feel free to include your podcast name.
A huge thank you in advance!